Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is looking for a passionate individual to join its Secretariat in Brussels as a part-time Finances and Human Resources Officer (19 hours/week), starting from May 2021.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) was founded in Strasbourg in 1986 by a group of 120 young people from 11 different countries. In 1989 we were recognized as a member association of the European Coordination Bureau (E.C.B.). Today we are a member of the European Youth Forum which is the independent platform for INGYOs and NYCs in Europe. We have young people from over 30 countries from across Europe and Africa involved in our activities. As an international network, we are the representative body of our members in contacts with the institutions and partners in the youth field.
Administration and accounting
– Preparation of general accounts;
– Oversee the daily management of the finances.
– Develop and monitor the annual budget, in collaboration with the Secretary-General
– Ensure the financial monitoring, execution, reporting and compliance of the operating and projects grants;
– Manage the organisation’s bank accounts;
– Budget monitoring;
– Support project managers with timely financial reports and financial documentation;
– Processing of payments and refunds;
– Office management (eg managing accounts payable, ordering supplies, etc;
– Support with the general administration of Youth for Exchange and Understanding International.
– Support for HR processes and the administration of payslips and salary payments;
– Preparation of all the documents related to personnel management (social contributions, drafting of employment contracts);
– Support in the application of social regulations and legal obligations within the organization
Profile of applicants
– Finished secondary education or vocational training. (Preferably accounting or management);
– Higher education in a relevant field (i.e. Accounting, Finance, International Management, Business Administration…) is an asset.
– Experience in project management, especially in EU funded projects;
– Experience in managing administrative work, including budgetary aspects of a complex project;
– Experience working with accounting software;
– Experience in administrative or logistical positions;
– Knowledge and understanding of the Belgian system is a very strong asset.
Skills and attitudes:
– Works proficiently with Office software, especially Excel;
– Works with online project management tools;
– Is a quick learner;
– Works well independently, but is also a team player;
– Able to take initiative and find creative solutions;
– Able to work on several different tasks at the same time and prioritize;
– Able to communicate information accurately and clearly;
– Handles complicated situations and stress;
– Has a strong desire to work in an intercultural team;
– Has “we can do it” attitude.
– English: fluent, very good comprehension, excellent writing and oral communication;
– Knowledge of French or Dutch is considered a strong asset;
– Active or passive knowledge of any other language considered an asset;
– Experience of working within English speaking organisations is an asset.
What YEU offers:
– The opportunity to work in a dynamic, international and young environment;
– The opportunity to network in Brussels;
– The opportunity to develop your competencies and skills in the fields of non-formal education and European projects management;
– The opportunity to create an impact on society, by engaging with activities and processes of YEU and its member organisations;
– An indefinite contract under Belgian law, 19h a week (2 and half days), with a possibility of full-time employment, depending on the funding and need of YEU;
– 8,00€ per working day in meal vouchers;
– Compensation of monthly ticket for public transportation within Brussels;
– A holiday payment and a “13th salary” each year.
The applicant needs to have the right to live and work in Belgium. If you are interested in this position, send your CV and motivation letter stating clearly your experience for the position to email@example.com no later than April 26th 2021. However, we will do the assessment of the applications on the rolling basis, so don’t hesitate to apply as soon as possible.