Call for Project Assistant – YEU International
Looking for a unique and challenging working opportunity?! Then apply now for YEU’s position: we are looking for a Project Assistant to join our team and implement our work.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is looking for a passionate individual to join its Secretariat in Brussels as a full-time Project Assistant position (38 hours/week).
The position is vacant from February 6th 2023.
About YEU International
Youth for Exchange and Understanding, is an international youth organization that is run by young people for young people. It was founded in Strasburg, in 1986, by a group of 120 people, from 11 different countries. Today it’s a member of the European Youth Forum (YFJ) and Lifelong Learning Platform (LLLP) and carries the title of an International Non-Governmental Organization, recognized by both the Council of Europe and the European Union. 41 years after its foundation, YEU, today, counts more than 30 Member Organisations across Europe and Africa. YEU works to promote peace, understanding and co-operation between the young people of the world, in a spirit of respect for human rights.
TASKS of the Project Assistant:
- Assisting the YEU Secretariat in daily management and administrative tasks of the office;
- Assisting the Secretary-General and the Project Officers in the implementation of the project’ activities and international programmes;
- Supporting the organization of projects’ meetings, conferences, workshops and other events related to the YEU’s projects;
- Assist to compile and draft project reports in coordination with the Project coordinator;
- Reply to administrative and informative requests from YEU’s stakeholders and MOs;
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
The tasks will be provided progressively and according to the needs/priorities of the organization.
The Secretariat of YEU is small, the workload varies according to project cycles, application and reporting periods; therefore project teams assist each other during times of higher workload.
PROFILE, COMPETENCES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Sociable, service-oriented and at ease in a multicultural and international environment;
- Good understanding of youth work and non-formal education;
- Good organizational and coordination skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to take initiatives and provide quality and timely support and services;
- Flexibility to adjust to working schedules and priorities; capacity to work effectively under pressure;
- Good IT skills, including MS Office and other collaborative platforms (Basecamp).
- Good communication skills, empathy, tolerance and team spirit;
- A person who is full of initiative, critical, self-driven, curious, creative, flexible and solution-oriented;
- Has a sensitivity to cultural differences with ability to work in an international and intercultural environment;
- Willingness to travel regularly and be flexible with working hours (The position requires travel in Europe several times during the year.);
- Readiness to live in Brussels, Belgium;
This contract is open for EU citizens only or those having the right to work in Belgium.
Availability to start the position on 6th February 2023.
YEU INTERNATIONAL OFFERS:
- An opportunity to develop your skills and gain experience working in the field of non-formal education for an International Network;
- The opportunity to network in Brussels;
- The opportunity to create an impact on society, by engaging with activities and processes of YEU and its member organisations;
- Intercultural, friendly and exiting working environment;
- A contract under Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle (CIP) for 6- 12 months (subject to the approval of Bruxelles Formation) with a fair remuneration.
HOW TO APPLY?
YEU is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
If you are interested in applying for the position of Project Assistant, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Project Assistant – Your Name and Surname’, including:
- Your CV (maximum 3 pages),
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position.
Deadline to apply and agenda:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to be invited to the following phases of the recruitment process, which will consist of a written assignment and one interview.
- YEU Secretariat must receive all applications by the 9th of January 2023, 11:59h CET.
- By 10th of January, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to an online or in-person interview.
- Decision and notification shall take place in mid-January. The selected person would ideally start working in the Secretariat of YEU on the 6th of February 2023.
GDPR & non-discrimination policy
YEU is aiming for the secretariat to be a safe space and follows the principles of non-discrimination and equal opportunities both in the selection of candidates, in their promotion and in their daily lives in the workplace. No discrimination in both online and offline space will be tolerated.
Relations between employees as well as employees and associates shall be governed by the principles of non-discrimination and equal treatment as provided for in the European Convention on Human Rights and the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union and Directives 2000/78. / EC and 2000/43 / EC. Applicants must comply with the above conditions. YEU supports as well as encourages all kinds of diversity and its employees must respect it as well.