Looking for a unique and challenging working opportunity?! Then apply now for YEU’s part-time position: we are looking for a Membership & Communication Officer to join our team and implement our work.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is seeking a Membership & Communication Officer to join its Secretariat in Brussels as a part-time position (19h/week), starting as soon as possible. The person selected needs to be familiar with NGOs, youth work and non-formal education. Fluency in French would be an advantage.
The position is vacant from June 19th 2023.
About YEU International
Youth for Exchange and Understanding, is an international youth organization that is run by young people for young people. It was founded in Strasburg, in 1986, by a group of 120 people, from 11 different countries. Today it’s a member of the European Youth Forum (YFJ) and Lifelong Learning Platform (LLLP) and carries the title of an International Non-Governmental Organization, recognized by both the Council of Europe and the European Union. 41 years after its foundation, YEU, today, counts more than 30 Member Organisations across Europe and Africa. YEU works to promote peace, understanding and co-operation between the young people of the world, in a spirit of respect for human rights.
TASKS of the Membership & Communication Officer:
- Manage and be the main point of contact for our membership interaction database; lead the development of the database;
- Support the implementation of the YEU Membership Strategy and contribute to the overall communication and dialogue with Member Organisations and potential members;
- Share responsibilities in addressing membership issues and in providing tailor made support;
- Provide support to the YEU in how to develop and engage members by liaising with relevant Administrative Office and Board members;
- Provide input & develop tools to ensure that we can offer our members opportunities for involvement in the Youth Forum’s work;
- Handling the logistics and all procedures of the event, activities;
- Regular contacts and development of relations with external partners and stakeholders;
- Supporting the office in administrative tasks and reporting to the Secretary General.
The Secretariat of YEU is small, the workload varies according to project cycles, application and reporting periods; therefore project teams assist each other during times of higher workload.
PROFILE, COMPETENCES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 2 years of experience in international youth work (professional and/or volunteer);
- Previous experience in similar positions (working on membership support, working in communications, being an active volunteer/activist managing networks/groups in a membership based organisation) is an asset;
- Excellent networking skills and service-oriented with an enthusiasm for helping and supporting members answering their queries;
- Ability to lead projects, plan activities, organise events and manage related budget;
- Good understanding of youth work and non-formal education;
- Good communication skills, empathy, tolerance and team spirit;
- A person who is full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexible and solution-oriented;
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines set by external stakeholders and internal procedures;
- Very good knowledge of the European institutions and business sector;
- Excellent knowledge (written and oral) of English and preferably French (not mandatory);
- Able to motivate colleagues and volunteers and coordinate international teams;
- Has a sensitivity to cultural differences with ability to work in an international and intercultural environment;
- Good IT skills;
- Willingness to travel regularly and be flexible with working hours (The position requires travel in Europe several times during the year.);
- Readiness to live in Brussels, Belgium;
- The applicant needs to have the right to live and work in Belgium.
YEU INTERNATIONAL OFFERS:
- An opportunity to develop your skills and gain experience working for an International Network;
- The opportunity to create an impact on society, by engaging with activities and processes of YEU and its member organisations;
- The opportunity to network in Brussels;
- Intercultural, friendly and exiting working environment;
- Open-ended contract, 19 hours per week with a possibility of full-time employment, depending on the funding and need of YEU. Employment contract under Belgian employment law with a benefits package:
- 8,00€ per working day in meal vouchers;
- Compensation of monthly ticket for public transportation within Brussels;
- A holiday payment and a “13th salary” each year.
HOW TO APPLY?
YEU is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity. The applicant needs to have the right to live and work in Belgium.
If you are interested in applying for the position of Membership & Communication Officer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Membership & Communication Officer – Your Name and Surname’, including:
- Your CV (maximum 3 pages),
- Cover letter explaining why you are competent and interested in the position.
Deadline to apply and agenda:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to be invited to the following phases of the recruitment process, which will consist of a written assignment and one interview.
- YEU Secretariat must receive all applications by the 5th of June 2023, 23:59h CET, However, we will do the assessment of the applications on a rolling basis, so don’t hesitate to apply as soon as possible.
- Decision and notification shall take place in mid-June. The selected person would ideally start working in the Secretariat of YEU on 19th of June.