Call for Fundraising and Project Officer – YEU International
Looking for a unique and challenging working opportunity?! Then apply now for YEU’s position: we are looking for a Fundraising and Project Officer to join our team and implement our work.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is seeking a Fundraising and Project Officer to be responsible for fundraising of the administrative and project expenses and project coordination. The person selected needs to be familiar with NGOs, youth work and non-formal education. Fluency in French would be an advantage.
The position is vacant from October 1st 2022.
About YEU International
Youth for Exchange and Understanding, is an international youth organization that is run by young people for young people. It was founded in Strasburg, in 1986, by a group of 120 people, from 11 different countries. Today it’s a member of the European Youth Forum (YFJ) and Lifelong Learning Platform (LLLP) and carries the title of an International Non-Governmental Organization, recognized by both the Council of Europe and the European Union. 41 years after its foundation, YEU, today, counts more than 30 Member Organisations across Europe and Africa. YEU works to promote peace, understanding and co-operation between the young people of the world, in a spirit of respect for human rights.
TASKS of the Fundraising and Project Officer:
- Preparation and implementation of the fundraising proposals to the different stakeholders: foundations and national/regional/local authorities;
- Implementation of YEU projects in coordination with other staff members;
- Overall project preparation with special attention on co-funding; coordination and management of project documentation;
- Handling the logistics and all procedures of the projects;
- Support to member organisations to develop their capacities in fundraising and project management;
- Writing of the applications, monitoring, analyses and final reporting of the international activities;
- Regular contacts and development of relations with external partners and stakeholders;
- Supporting the office in administrative tasks and reporting to the Secretary General.
The Secretariat of YEU is small, the workload varies according to project cycles, application and reporting periods; therefore project teams assist each other during times of higher workload.
PROFILE, COMPETENCES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 2 years of experience in international youth work (professional and/or volunteer);
- Experience in fundraising from different sources;
- Excellent project management and event management skills (Please mention projects and initiatives implemented from the preparatory phase until its realization with the relevant references);
- Good understanding of youth work and non-formal education;
- Good communication skills, empathy, tolerance and team spirit;
- A person who is full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexible and solution-oriented;
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines set by external stakeholders and internal procedures;
- Very good knowledge of the European institutions and business sector;
- Excellent knowledge (written and oral) of English and preferably French(not mandatory);
- Able to motivate colleagues and volunteers and coordinate international teams;
- Has a sensitivity to cultural differences with ability to work in an international and intercultural environment;
- Good IT skills;
- Willingness to travel regularly and be flexible with working hours (The position requires travel in Europe several times during the year.);
- Readiness to live in Brussels, Belgium;
- Availability to start the position on 1st October 2022.
YEU INTERNATIONAL OFFERS:
- An opportunity to develop your skills and gain experience working for an International Network;
- Intercultural, friendly and exiting working environment;
- One-year fixed-term contract (38 hours per week), with the possibility of extension. Employment contract under Belgian employment law with a benefits package (transport, food vouchers, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY?
YEU is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
If you are interested in applying for the position of Fundraising and Project Officer, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Fundraising and Project Officer – Your Name and Surname’, including:
- Your CV (maximum 3 pages),
- Cover letter explaining why you are competent and interested in the position.
Deadline to apply and agenda:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to be invited to the following phases of the recruitment process, which will consist of a written assignment and one interview.
- YEU Secretariat must receive all applications by the 26th of August 2022, 23:59h CET.
- By 31st of August, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to an online or in-person interview.
- Decision and notification shall take place in the first week of September. The selected person would ideally start working in the Secretariat of YEU on the 1st of October 2022.