Our annual PET (People for Education and Training) meeting for 2021 successfully took place during April 21-22nd (15-18h CET) on ZOOM with the help of MIRO and Jamboard.
On the first day, after a brief presentation of PET’s basics our PET members were asked to share with us how they see themselves as part of PET and how they could support developing the YEU thematics. For the second activity, our PET members were called to to discuss and develop recommendations/plans around the following topics:
- how to support YEU MOs in their capacity needs assessment and building
- how to support each other in PET and improve the communication
During the next day, following a detailed presentation on PET on a step-by-step basis, our PET members shared their ideas concerning:
- Inclusion: what can we to include young disadvantaged/people coming from vulnerable groups
- Going green: how can our educational activities incorporate SDGs, green approaches
- Digitalization of youth work: gamification, learning badges, online tools – how can we incorporate these in our educational activities
The highlight of the meeting was the announcement of the creation of the YEU PET Academy which aims to build and improve the capacities of junior trainers and facilitators of YEU PET. Our initiative was warmly welcomed, and we are looking forward to making it a reality.
Finally, YEU would like to thank all the participants for their contribution during this undeniably fun and productive meeting. Your ideas and innovative views are the ones shaping our future and elevating our role in empowering young people.